Several months ago Tim and I started the Keto diet. We have lost some weigh, and feel great, but we have missed tacos. Today I made cauliflower tortillas. I decided to share the recipe.
1 Three Pound Bag Green Giant Cauliflower Rice (Costco)
2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
¼ Teaspoon Salt
Other Seasonings—Your choice: Paprika, lime zest, cilantro (yuck, tastes like soap to me—that is a genetic thing, really.), cumin, black pepper or – use your imagination. I would recommend not more than ¼ teaspoon of each, though
- Preheat your oven and pizza stone to 400 degrees F
- Steam Cauliflower. I use my Instapot on the “rice” setting. I add about a cup of water
- Drain Cauliflower, and violently squeeze the water out of it! I use some silicon oven mitts.
- Transfer the drained cauliflower to a medium mixing bowl, and then add eggs, and seasoning
- Separate the mixture into 8 equal portions. I weigh the whole, then divide by 8
- Place each portion on a piece of parchment paper about 8 inches square
- Press each portion into a 6 inch circle using a separate square of parchment paper on top. I use my tortilla press—very gently!
- Place tortillas, with the paper underneath, on the hot pizza stone.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip and bake another 4-5 minutes. When they are done, they will look it! They will be slightly brown and curled around the edges.
- Stake and keep warm in a towel or tortilla dish and serve!
- Or, allow to cool on a rack to use later.