Several years ago I started doing my Bible study digitally. It is not as aesthetically pleasing as handling a well-worn leather-covered Bible, but it affords amazing tools. I asked the Lord one day if it mattered whether I used a Bible software or a printed Bible. He said, “It makes no difference it is the Spirit behind the Word that gives it power, not the media is is printed or presented upon.
One of great tools available with Olive Tree Bible software is the ability to “tag” favorite verses. The ones I have listed here are the ones I have listed as “Life Verses.” They are in the chronological order in which I tagged them.
- Deuteronomy 8:1 And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not.
- Numbers 14:8 The Lord delights in us and will bring us into the good land. Only do not rebel against the Lord…do not fear.
- John 6:62 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
- John 6:67 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
- John 73:24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to glory.
- John 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
- Psalm 73:28 But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.
- 2 Corinthians 5:6 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight.
- Isaiah 50:3 The Lord God has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught.
- Habakkuk 2:3 For still the vision awaits its appointed time;
it hastens to the end—it will not lie.
If it seems slow, wait for it;
it will surely come; it will not delay.
- Psalm 119: 59-60 When I think on my ways,
I turn my feet to your testimonies;
I hasten and do not delay
to keep your commandments.John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
- Ester 4:14 For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
- Leviticus 20:26 You shall be holy to me, for I the Lord am holy and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be mine.
- Luke 1:45 And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.”
- Isaiah 43:18-19 Remember not the former things,
nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.
- Psalms 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
that your promise gives me life.
- Psalms 16:2 I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you.”
- Jeremiah 31:10 “Hear the word of the Lord, O nations,
and declare it in the coast-lands far away;
say, ‘He who scattered Israel will gather him,
and will keep him as a shepherd keeps his flock.’
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
- Psalms 5:3 O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;
in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch.
- Psalms 71:18 So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
your power to all those to come.
- Psalms 43:3 Send out your light and your truth;
let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy hill
and to your dwelling!
- Acts 4:29-30 And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”
- Psalms 50:23 The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;
to one who orders his way rightly
I will show the salvation of God!
- 1 Timothy 6:6ff But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
- Acts 26:16-18 But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you, delivering you from your people and from the Gentiles—to whom I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
- Proverbs 8:35 For whoever finds me finds life
and obtains favor from the Lord
- Habakkuk 3:17-18 Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
- 1 Samuel 10:6-7 Then the Spirit of the Lord will rush upon you, and you will prophesy with them and be turned into another man. Now when these signs meet you, do what your hand finds to do, for God is with you.
- Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
- Hebrews 2:1 Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it.
- Psalms 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,
and with my song I give thanks to him.